Why would I want this job?
Global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,300 people at more than 30 locations worldwide seeks Plant Controller.
As a key member of the finance team, this position requires a self-starter with a solid accounting base, who can identify and complete work in a highly dynamic and independent environment. The ideal candidate will make a major contribution to the support of the plant operations group, while always searching for cost and process improvement opportunities.
What would I be doing?
- Monthly closing including work order close, manufacturing variance review, and fixed/variable cost analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliation including inventory, fixed assets, prepaid and liabilities
- Prepare annual operating plan, oversight and re-forecasting
- Prepares and manages plant product costing, ensuring standard costs properly reflect operations
- Inventory management including reconciliation, control, analysis and oversee cycle counts and physical inventories
- Fixed asset management including reconciliation, control, analysis and participate in capital expenditure approval process
- Owner of local Finario system to ensure integrity with recorded amounts and proper management of plant’s capital investment portfolio
- Plant Financial report development both for plant management and corporate headquarters
- Systems (JDE) support / plant development / implementation
- Business partner with Plant Manager and Specialties SC Director as appropriate
- Assist with special projects
What would make me qualified?
- 5 – 10 years of experience – prior manufacturing plant accounting and chemical industry experience desired – as lead accountant at a plant
- BS in Finance or Accounting – CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Specific knowledge of plant accounting, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, inventory control, business case, cost benefit analysis and capital planning analysis
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving. A change agent able to improve upon existing processes.
- Experience with ERP Systems a must (specific technical knowledge of JD Edwards a plus), MS Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Word a must.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Able to work independently
- Willingness for travel as required
- Uses common sense, pragmatic thinking and possesses necessary analytical skills for problem solving and data interpretation purposes