Why would I want this job?
The Pricing Analyst position will support the Marketing/Product Management & Commercial Ops team by reviewing, analyzing, updating and presenting information pertaining to company’s products taking in account market shares and overall strategy for business growth. This position will involve frequent interaction between the Finance, Sales, and Marketing/Product Management teams to execute the day-to-day functions.
What would I be doing?
- Manage day-to-day pricing requests
- Develops and prepares pricing models and corresponding account proposals ensuring they are complete in accordance with defined service levels to meet internal and external customer timelines.
- Adheres to operational procedures to secure reliable data and prepare pricing scenarios utilizing established models for purposes of developing and analyzing account proposals related to products and services for his or her customer accounts.
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems, data, reports and operational processes that is critical to developing account proposals and executing contracts.
- Assists in the development of formal RFP responses as necessary.
- Create and maintain compendia reporting to monitor price changes, new entrants and discontinuations within the company portfolio of products
- Assist in periodic reviews of current pricing to ensure competitiveness and probability
- Develops and maintains various reports; quarterly reports, monthly price/sales tracker, compliance tracker, etc
- Develops specific account knowledge and understanding of contractual terms and actual performance to assist the commercial team in developing and implementing account strategies, pricing alternatives and contract language.
- Knowledge and understanding of departmental data, business metrics and operational processes.
- Investigate, resolve and respond to internal and external customer inquiries in regard to product or contract discrepancies
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in a business-related function – Required
- 2 – 3 years or more Contracting, Finance, Account Management or Pricing in Generic Pharmaceutical pricing – Required
Skills and Abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office programs with emphasis in Excel
- Ability to multi-tasking
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret general reports
- Strong communication both oral and written
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers