Why would I want this job?
We are seeking a highly motivated Revenue Accountant to join our growing team. The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606 and compliance with SOX controls. This position reports directly to the Head of Commercial Finance.
What would I be doing?
- Ensure compliance and timely revenue recognition with GAAP, ASC 606 and company policies.
- Prepare and analyze revenue-related financial reports, including revenue reconciliations and revenue recognition schedule.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate revenue recognition of newly signed contracts
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements related to revenue recognition.
- Prepare revenue-related journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Analyze and interpret revenue-related data to identify trends and variances that will help provide insight to the business on revenue.
- Assist with external financial audits and provide support for revenue-related inquiries.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in revenue recognition standards, regulations and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Commercial Finance.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in the biotechnology or life sciences industry.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of GAAP, ASC 606 and SOX controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with ERP systems.
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite (ERP) and Xifin (Billing System) is a plus.