Why would I want this job?
Our client is seeking an experienced accounting professional on a long term temporary basis capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, have an excellent attention to detail, able to multi-task with competing priorities, and skilled at creating and improving reporting processes! The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of policies, procedures, and controls that will enhance the finance function at the company.
What would I be doing?
New York – This role is open to remote/flex/on-site work modes
This person will report directly to the Senior Director, Accounting & Reporting, but also closely collaborate with the Manager, SEC Reporting and Manager, Consolidation.
- On a quarterly basis, assist in review of comparative consolidated financial statements and financial statement disclosures, including certain footnotes and sections of the MD&A as included in our SEC filings with attention to detail in relation to internal consistency and prior period continuity as well as management of XBRL
- Prepare and in some cases review quarterly income statement and balance sheet analytics, comparing and documenting significant fluctuations between reporting periods
- Work closely with various departments in the preparation of the quarterly and annual SEC filings, including the accounting, tax, investor relations, FP&A, analytics, sustainability and legal teams
- Stay informed on Regulation S-X and S-K requirements and apply to financial statement presentation and supporting footnote and MD&A disclosures within quarterly and annual SEC filings along with completing the disclosure checklist to assist with identifying and assessing any new or updated disclosures that may impact the filings
- Maintain, format, and roll-forward SEC filings within our cloud-based SEC reporting platform (Workiva)
- Review 8-Ks, Proxy and other published content containing financial data (including the Press Release and investor presentations) for consistency amongst all reporting documents and accuracy with the consolidated financial statements and underlying support
- Prepare consolidation entries for each month-end close
- Assist with special projects as requested by management, including technical accounting research and implementation of new accounting standards
- Work closely with the audit team to provide supporting documents related to the quarterly financial reporting process
- Support corporate accounting teams as needed during month-end close
What would make me qualified?
- Minimum 6-8 years experience, including either:
- At least 5 years as an auditor for a global SEC-filer at a Big 4 accounting firm
- At least 5 years in a SEC reporting role at a public company
- Strong, current understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations, including ability to perform technical accounting research.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification, or progression toward CPA certification
- Ability to prioritize as well as strong time-management skills for working in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to think critically and recognize discrepancies and anomalies through analysis
- Ability to work independently, follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary
- Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate across teams both within and outside of finance
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Workday and Workiva knowledge
- Experience in XBRL management and tagging