Why would I want this job?
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 14,000 employees located throughout the country. Since their founding in 2009, they have acquired over 60 companies and have expanded to more than 400 locations serving 32 states.
What would I be doing?
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries as needed
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Liaise with other accounting staff at Corporate or at operating companies
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure that procedures are applied consistently
- Execution of routine or ad hoc reporting
- Participate in special projects and accounting research as needed and assigned
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
What would make me qualified?
- Accounting degree required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with revenue accounting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
- Public Company experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong work ethic required
- Must possess “soft skills”: conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills (including writing skills)