Why would I want this job?
The Senior Accountant will support the Director in a number of key Finance and Accounting initiatives to better enable our manufacturing business during a time of organizational transformation. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a proactive team player with superb interpersonal and collaborative skills. The Senior Accountant should exercise judgment to critically evaluate processes and independently execute on the Director’s strategy.
What would I be doing?
The position will take part in the evaluation of existing business processes and collaborate with other functions to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of such processes while implementing proper controls. The successful candidate will be able to communicate and ensure the needs of the Finance organization for effective controls, recording of results, reporting, and analysis are considered during the implementation of process improvements. The Senior Accountant will also prepare various month-end closing journal entries, analyze and utilize independent judgment in the preparation of complex balance sheet and income statement account analysis, and assist with the review and generation of month-end financial statements. The position will report to the Director of Accounting Operations and will work closely with other Accounting and FP&A team members.
- Support the Director in process improvement initiatives in all disciplines of accounting
- Support the Director in close processes and general accounting functions
- Prepare journal entries and process accounting data
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Gather and manipulate data to facilitate analysis, prepare and distribute reports, and provide support for such analysis as needed
- Provide support to FP&A and other groups as needed
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or another relevant field (CPA preferred)
- 6-8 years of experience in accounting, finance and/or audit
- Experience with ERP environments like Oracle (PeopleSoft) and SAP
- Positive attitude
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate time management skills
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams at all levels
- Self-motivated, committed to learning and personal development, a team player and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Success with meeting deadlines under pressure and performing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable working as a team player in a startup atmosphere where no job is too small