Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Senior Accountant will serve an integral role in the monthly close process, performing journal entries and key analysis. The Senior Accountant will research and resolve accounting issues, make recommendations, implement process, and control improvements and document results and conclusions to ensure accuracy within our system of record.
What would I be doing?
- Member of General Accounting North America Shared Service Organization; currently supporting 6 entities
- Prepare monthly journal entries and perform analysis of P&L & Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare & Review various balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare related party balance confirmations report on a quarterly basis
- Posting and ensure proper account mapping of the bi-weekly payroll feeds and related journals
- Work with various functional areas to develop monthly/quarterly/annual accruals
- Prepare the Statutory Financial Statement Report on a quarterly basis
- Identify and implement process improvements within the department
- Perform SAP financial system user acceptance tests, as needed
- Participate in the Balance Sheet annual budgeting and forecast process
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual government reports
- Assist and support staff and senior managements, as needed
- Participate in adhoc projects (e.g. to streamline, automate and simplify various G/L activities)
- Prepare/update Standard Operating Procedures for Finance processes
- Provide support during the Interim & Annual external financial audit
- Perform technical research on current & new accounting pronouncements
- Maintain/ improve shared services performance levels
What would make me qualified?
Education and/or Experience Required
- BS/BA degree with a major in accounting
- 5 to 7 years minimum finance / accounting experience
- SAP system experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- International Accounting Standards (IAS) knowledge a plus
- Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close System (FCCS) Reporting tool experience a plus
- Blackline – Account Reconciliation tool experience a plus
- Robotic Process Automation experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Work toward or currently has CPA certification
Limited travel to may be required