Why would I want this job?
Analyze, validate, and reconcile data for internal and external reporting purposes. Responsible for organizing, controlling and recording transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Analyze current and previous financial data of the business and help provide forecast and budget support as well as ad hoc analysis as needed.
What would I be doing?
- Assists in analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports according to GAAP
o General Ledger chart of accounts
o Balance Sheet Reconciliation
o Fixed Assets
o Bank Reconciliations
o Financial Reports Formatting
o Unclaimed Property Reporting
- Recording, reconciliation and analysis of general ledger and subsidiary accounts, resolving accounting issues and discrepancies. Analysis of P&L accounts providing explanation
- Coordinates and processes loan payments, interests and renewals
- Reconcile and resolves cash and deposit verification/discrepancies and; approve wires
- Books payroll entries and processes necessary payments and accruals
- Prepares and enters necessary journal entries, booking to accounting periods
- Assists in reporting
o Prepare monthly closing and financial reports
o Prepare documentation for External Auditors – Financial Reports to French team
- Assists in other accounting areas when required/ perform special projects as requested
- Back up to A/P and Sales Audit functions
- Analyzes monthly P&L by channel and category.
- Review actual vs. Budgeted variances of key business expenses.
- Review actual vs. forecasted variances of key business expenses.
- Develop and maintain variance reporting and detailed analysis for month-end financials review.
- Assist in developing annual and long range financial plans of the organization.
- Motivate, coach and supervise direct reports, consistent with the policies of the Finance Team.
- Prepare sales tax reports and other tax requirements: state & local sales and use/excise, personal property, government trade census, business license, etc.
- Analyzing financial statements including review of variance reporting and detailed analysis for month-end financials review.
- Developing financial plans for various departments.
- Preparing documentation and reports for external auditors
What would make me qualified?
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Competency to manage, instruct, and motivate associates
- Ability to prepare financial statements and analyze financial information
- Ability to plan, initiate and complete work assignments with minimal direction
- Computer skills: PC (strong excel, word), VAI, Prophix, accounting software
- Knowledge of Baccarat business processes, policies and controls
- Interpersonal Skills: Good communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Problem solving and critical analysis
- Computer skills: PC (Excel, Word), A/S 400 (VAI), Prophix, Concur
- Minimum 4 years’ direct experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance or Related field
- Ability to travel 5% of the time