Why would I want this job?
The purpose of this position is to support accounting activities for revenue, and related accounts including accounts receivable, rebates, chargebacks, returns reserve, royalty revenue and expense, and contractual fees related to revenue. This position analyzes our revenue data for contract proposals as requested by the commercial team. This position also prepares all data requests for government contracting including quarterly FSS submissions and FCP calculations. This position assists with the preparation of revenue reporting and analysis required for external reporting. In this role, you will be expected to analyze the processes behind all essential duties and responsibilities listed below and to make suggestions on how these activities can be improved or completed more efficiently.
What would I be doing?
Support the month-end process by preparing revenue related journal entries and account reconciliations including:
- Downloading and analyzing the monthly revenue and receivables data
- Calculating revenue, including prompt pay discount, returns reserve, pricing discounts, chargebacks, GPO rebates and corresponding admin fees, Wholesaler admin fees, accounts receivable and cash applied
- Calculating and reporting Quarterly Non-FAMP for reporting to the VA and the Annual Federal Ceiling Price and related OGA price for other government agencies. The rules and regulations of selling to the VA require special training and knowledge which may require support from outside legal counsel
- Calculating and executing quarterly royalties payable
- Analyzing and reporting on customer promotion proposals as identified by the Commercial Strategy and Business Development departments
- Supporting information requests from Trade Operations, Commercial Strategy and Development and the Commercial Ops departments
- Monitoring and ensuring accuracy of the revenue related information in the Data Warehouse, and designing and testing updates and additions to the Data Warehouse as deemed necessary
- Supporting evaluation/implementation of automation activities as it relates to revenue analysis
Assist with quarterly SEC financial reporting activities including:
- Preparing supporting workpapers for SEC filings and footnotes
- Reviewing MD&A for accuracy and assisting with revenue analytics
- Preparing Revenue gross to net reconciliations
- Preparing related balance sheet and P&L analytics
Support other functions including:
- Assisting with the implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Providing all supporting documents as it relates to areas of responsibility to support the annual audit and SOX 404 compliance process
- Other ad hoc analysis / projects as deemed appropriate.
- The incumbent works closely with entire Accounting/Finance team, Trade Operations, Commercial Strategy and Development, Legal, Information Systems, vendors, and auditors.
What would make me qualified?
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field from accredited College or University
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multi-project and multi-product manufacturing industry.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred