Why would I want this job?
This role reports to the Director, BU Controller and supports the Sales Team and performs accounting functions related to Sales, Sales reporting, Accounts Receivable, Sales Tax, OPEX for tax, bad debt royalties, bank fees, credit cards, etc.
What would I be doing?
Sr. Accountant will be responsible for all daily, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc requirements for the general accounting and reporting deliverables, supporting the Sales and Operations Organization. This includes preparing and posting journal entries to our G/L for Accounts Receivables, Sales Tax and Sales Accounting (non-GAAP), managing accruals with heavy emphasis on prepaids, royalties, support sales accounting inquiries and investigations on adjustments required, managing sales tax reporting and coordinate with tax team on sales tax liability, preparing monthly account reconciliations for Accounts Receivable, AR Reserves, Sales Tax, and various liability accounts.
Prepare FLUX analysis for the OPEX and BS accounts.
Prepare and process intercompany transactions.
Prepare reporting packages for various reporting entities.
Partner with business owners/FP&A on obtaining necessary support and validation for recording of transactions.
Provide business insights to management and business partners on results.
Enhance existing processes via automation. Support the implementation of the new Sales Accounting System (SRE) – with testing and review of calculations and reports.
- Support Monthly Close Process – manage monthly, quarterly and year end close requirements independently, ensuring results are delivered on time and accurate. Reconcile account activity and identify any required adjustments. Perform flux analysis and have detailed understanding of transactions/activities recorded to accounts, ensuring proper accounting is being applied and providing variance explanations with business drivers.
- Provide required information to internal/external audit for control documentation. Ensure all supporting documentation and backup is maintained for compliance requirements.
- Engage with business partners, (FP&A, product managers, sales) on review of actuals vs plan/forecast and identify improvements in processes for ensuring accuracy of results recorded.
- Support Ad Hoc reporting requests – providing insight into financial information that is used to achieve reporting objectives and support business analysis and assessments.
- Support Special Projects and provide guidance/training to less experienced team members
What would make me qualified?
- Degree in Accounting required, CPA or MBA preferred
- Hand on experience (5+ years) in accounting close process for like size firm.
- Proficient to advance in computer /system skills
- Analytical skills to organize and assess large amounts of data and lean towards challenging the status quo
- Detail oriented, maintaining documentation trail for all work and ensuring backup/supporting materials stand on their own
- Team player and good communicator, willing to work as an individual contributor and partner/assist other team members.
- Understands importance of meeting deadline and manages work accordingly
- Strong self-starter with ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues, manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.