Why would I want this job?
Our client seeks a Senior Accountant to join our Financial Operations organization where the Senior Accountant will be part of a team with a mission to deliver effective accounting and reporting solutions of our inventory flows. The successful candidate will have 3-6+ years accounting experience (any combination of public / private) and demonstrate potential for and interest in upward mobility. In addition to standard accounting for an reporting on inventory flows, the team is an important part of our effort to provide reporting and internal control services including regular reports on certain types of inventory movements and on hand valuation (ie: sales below cost, dispositions, slow moving) to finance and operations leaders. Note: the role is not inventory costing.
What would I be doing?
- Utilize accounting / business operations acumen to ask questions, understand and document inventory flows and recommended accounting treatment
- Perform general accounting functions including working in an ERP / general ledger system, prepare and support periodic journal entries, perform account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and reporting
- Participate in the internal/ external audit process with specific focus on collecting key financial, accounting and inventory control data
- Periodically and as necessary, assist with inventory control activities like managing retail store tickets, physical inventory and store observations and consolidating reporting of key control metrics
- Reconcile and apply shrink reserves to offset shrink adjustments from physical inventory
- Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Identify opportunities and conduct testing for process improvements or automation
What would make me qualified?
- BS / Masters degree focused on Accounting (must have)
- CPA or CMA (not required, preference)
- 3-6 years’ experience ideally in both public (not required, preference) and private environment working with consumer product inventory
- Experience within a US GAAP framework will be valuable
- Must demonstrate understanding of accounting principles and experience with systems of record and ERP based reporting environments
- Skilled in active observation, root cause analysis and written/oral communication
- Must have strong working knowledge of Excel with strong preference for candidates with ERP solutions like: SAP, Oracle JDE, Microsoft AX and Island Pacific
- Must be able to effectively communicate across a variety of levels and stakeholders in the organization with an intent to influence change
- Must maintain integrity throughout work product balancing attention to detail with a connection to the big picture
- Provide support for ad-hoc requests from senior management, the FP&A team or the business operations teams; we view financial operations as a customer service environment with many internal customers