Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Senior Manager/Manager of Accounting, the Senior Accountant’s general responsibility is to assist in the monthly/quarterly close process, account analysis, preparation and review of the financial package and related reports, and other ad-hoc reporting requirements. During the 10-Q and 10-K reporting seasons, you will also assist with creating foot note disclosure schedules and updating the reports.
What would I be doing?
- Prepare account reconciliations and review and investigate further for significant reconciling items.
- Prepare journal entries ensuring that all entries are accurate, documented and approved.
- Analyze monthly account balances and ensure transactions have been properly classified.
- Ensure completeness of monthly closing documentation, e.g., journal entries are documented and approved, supporting schedules are accurate and have been reviewed, all reporting requirements completed.
- Assist with preparation of the 10-Q and 10-K financials based on accounting records.
- Assist Senior Manager and Manager of Accounting in processing accounting transactions, as necessary.
- Assist in preparation of audit requirements and work with external auditors in ensuring that audits are completed timely.
- Monitor and analyze monthly account balances; prepares analyses and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts; reviews P&L accounts to ensure transactions have been properly classified
- Address review comments timely
- Assist with preparation of the balance sheet and income statement fluxes on a monthly basis
- Assist with preparing supporting documentation for internal controls – 404 compliance
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong advance knowledge in Excel and general computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Strong work ethics and independent working required
- Experience in public accounting firm or public company accounting department required
- 10-Q and 10-K preparation experience preferred
- Experience in Netsuite preferred