Why would I want this job?
The Senior Accountant, US Accounting Operations role is responsible for supporting and being a key contributor for company’s end-to-end US accounting operations function, SAP S/4 HANA’s Phase 1 ERP implementation, US commercial readiness, special projects, and process improvement initiatives.
What would I be doing?
The role will support the monthly, quarterly and annual US legal entity financial close and reporting process including compliance with SOX 404, support process improvement initiatives to streamline and simplify end to end processes, perform account analyses and metrics, prepare and post journal entries, prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, support internal and external audit requests, and prepare/update detailed working instructions for the transition to SAP S/4 HANA ERP. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will support special projects including future enhancements to SAP S/4 HANA ERP that will be assessed for a Phase 2 implementation.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Director, Accounting Operations US and will interact with global colleagues from Accounting Operations, External Reporting, Technical Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit, and IT.
- Support the US legal entity monthly accounting and reporting process by ensuring results, journal entries, and account reconciliations are performed timely with a focus on completeness, accuracy, quality, and SOX compliance.
- Develop and/or enhance internal control financial analyses, GL account roll forwards, standard request templates, and detailed working instructions based on best practices and efficient end to end process design to support a high-performance culture and proper cross training.
- Ensure accounting policies and standard operating procedures are implemented and are operating as designed throughout the year to ensure SOX compliance.
- Participate in internal and external audit reviews as needed, and fulfill audit data requests
- Partner with External Reporting and FP&A to support quarterly close and reporting deliverables as needed
- Prepare designated account reconciliations and journal entries. Continually look for opportunities to enhance the quality of financial analyses and back up support to deliver value and proactively provide financial insight across Global Finance
- Other responsibilities based on the needs of the business, as required
What would make me qualified?
- Minimum of 3+ years of general accounting or public accounting experience in a fast paced, high growth multinational public company environment (SAP S/4 Hana ERP experience is a plus).
- BA or BS in Accounting preferred (CPA is a plus)
- Self-starter with an end-to-end process mindset and ability to business partner cross functionally to deliver operational excellence and high value process improvement initiatives
- Global team culture with proven ability to work with in a multi-national organization
- Strong analytic skills. Ability to prepare and review financial analyses and account reconciliations and identify potential issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Solid business acumen and executive presence, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and agility to manage multiple fast paced and sometimes competing priorities to achieve desired outcomes. Comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- Strong internal control knowledge and experience
- Advanced excel skills