Why would I want this job?
Participates in the preparation and filing of external reports mandated by U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations, and supports the quarterly review and annual audit processes. This position is also focused on accounting research and assists in the interpretation and implementation of complex reporting and accounting issues and new accounting pronouncements.
What would I be doing?
- Assist with preparing and filing SEC periodic reports, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10-K.
- Prepare and/or review of footnote disclosures, including compilation of appropriate supporting documentation.
- Manage the XBRL process and assist in the review of the final document for filing.
- Prepare and review financial information in press releases and investor relations materials.
- Monitor, research, and interpret new U.S. GAAP pronouncements and SEC reporting requirements, and assess their impact on the Company’s financial statements, disclosures, and reporting processes.
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors.
- Analyze and provide insight into quarterly analytics.
- Assist in the review and update of the Company’s accounting policies.
- Continuously seek to identify process improvements to gain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ad-hoc projects and research, as needed.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or similar field
- CPE Preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field
- 2+ years of Big Four or mid-size public accounting experience
- Strong financial reporting and technical accounting skills, including working knowledge of U.S GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley 404