Why would I want this job?
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for performing a broad range of financial, operational, and compliance audits independently and with limited supervision. The primary objective of this position is to provide management independent and objective assurance as well as add value to improve the Company’s operations and contribute to its worldwide success. This individual will report to the Lead of North America Internal Audit and coordinate with other internal audit department members, business areas, and external auditors.
The ideal candidate will be organized, proactive, and intellectually curious. You are a manager of one; someone who takes initiative on your own to set and execute goals. You are also a team player who collaborates well with colleagues and business partners.
Management is committed to developing you and proactively supports your transition into the business and functional units after 2-3 years with the department if so desired.
What would I be doing?
Plan and execute risk-based audits from start to finish, ensuring efficient and effective controls are in place to meet audit objectives, recommend solutions, and obtain management action plans
- Work collaboratively with the audit team and management to develop audit objectives and approach
- Create audit plans to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Conduct interviews with business partners and perform audit tests to gain an understanding of business processes, identify control gaps and improvement opportunities, and evaluate the risk and potential business impact of identified deficiencies
- Prepare well-written audit reports with meaningful insights that address control gaps and process improvement opportunities discovered during reviews
- Plan, perform and document walkthroughs and tests of controls to evaluate the effectiveness of the Company’s SOX 404 program
- Collaborate with and educate process owners on the importance of maintaining strong controls
- Train and supervise management testers with regards to SOX 404 testing, including advance preparation, monitoring the progress of fieldwork, reviewing work papers, and reporting results
- Plan and execute royalty audits of Company licensees; support senior management on projects related to compliance with licensing agreements
- Identify process improvement opportunities for automation and leveraging data analytics
What would make me qualified?
- 3 + years’ experience in Auditing (internal or external)
- Public accounting experience required; Big 4 preferred
- CPA certification earned or in process
- Experience working with audit and data analytics tools such as AuditBoard, IDEA, Alteryx, and Power BI is desirable
- Experience with enterprise and financial applications such as SAP, Essbase, and Hyperion
- Retail experience a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements (SOX)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management
- Must be self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to work independently to resolve problems with limited information
- Estimated required travel is 10%