Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Director of Finance Operations, this position is responsible for the timely accurate reporting of capital, inventory, operational costs, savings, and variances. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for Monthly Close Activities including Operations Variance Analysis and Management Reporting and is involved with forecasts
What would I be doing?
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify variations and trends, spot business opportunities, develop practical recommendations and drive implementation with functional leaders.
- Solid accounting knowledge including full financial statement understanding and analysis skills.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills with a focus on analysis and process improvement.
- Flexibility to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Other Desired Skills:
- Demonstrated strategic and operational thinking skills.
- Experience in creating reports using visualization Tools (i.e., Qlik, SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau)
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to energize others when necessary.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the month-end close and assist with review of inventory postings
- Preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and memos
- Perform variance analysis by segment
- Collaborate with the field and warehouse management to gain deep understanding of inventory usage
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, margin, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Complete variance analysis of business performance and comparative monthly, quarterly and year to date results.
- Prepare monthly Variance and Flash report summaries and review with management
- Maintain & enhance accurate financial reporting for the Division and Regions.
- Review existing processes and procedures to develop and implement recommendations for improvements.
- Be a subject matter expert within department on customer master activities
- Coordinate test updates with Corporate Pricing & Test Master
- Coordinate price assignment, specialty pricing on an as needed basis
- Manage monthly inventory summary by laboratory & location
- Create and manage internal reporting dashboards
What would make me qualified?
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent field
- A minimum of 5 years FP&A, Accounting or Operations experience in the diagnostics industry.
- Both Finance and General Accounting knowledge are required as well as effective organization, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to successfully operate with minimal supervision
- Strong proficiency with Excel, as well as proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of capital budgeting, including IRR / NPV principals and product costing methodologies