Why would I want this job?
The main responsibility of this role is to manage our customer loan program end to end. Senior financial analyst responsibilities include maintaining general ledger accounts & month-end close procedures related to customer loans, reviewing/processing submission of new loans as well as monitoring compliance using various reporting/analytics. A successful Senior financial analyst combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports. The ideal candidate possesses experience collaborating with various teams within the organization.
What would I be doing?
• Review, analyze and reconcile loan specific general ledger account balances monthly
• Collaborating with relevant colleagues to set credit policies, procedures, and standards
• Prepare and/or review loan specific journal entries to support accurate and timely accounting month-end close. This includes reviewing transactional sources and verification of system interfaces where applicable to ensure data integrity
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual loan reporting to present company exposure and risk
• Lead monthly meetings with Legal/Finance/Business to assess risk and monitor compliance
• Develop, implement, and continue to improve loan related policies & procedures
• Review and process new loan requests to ensure they align with all current policies and procedures
• Partnering with Finance management to assess risk of loan applications
• Maintaining hardcopy and electronic records of all loan documents, agreements, and correspondence.
• Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Support external audits to ensure compliance
• Ad hoc analysis for executive management
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Perform special duties as requested by management
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 3-5 years working in the Accounting field (loan experience preferred)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially excel)
• Strong understanding of the relationship between income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
• Strong result orientation, pro-activity, self-motivated and ownership
• Well-organized with ability to prioritize
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes
• Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
• Commitment to continuous self, team, and process improvement