Why would I want this job?
Our client seeks a high performing Senior to join the Internal Audit department. This individual will be responsible for performing a broad range of financial, operational, and compliance audits independently and with supervision. The primary objective of this position is to provide Management independent and objective assurance as well as add value to improve the Company’s operations and contribute to its worldwide success. This individual will report to the Director (Head) of Internal Audit and coordinate with other international internal audit department members, external consultants, business process owners, key stakeholders, and external auditors.
What would I be doing?
The Senior Auditor will work in a dynamic team environment to execute financial, operational, compliance, third-party, information technology and strategic audits across company’s business units and functions. Audits include reviewing financial statements and transactions, testing business processes (e.g., revenue, procure-to-pay, manufacturing, etc.) and monitoring compliance with company policies, procedures. Examples of strategic audits include data privacy and security. Throughout the audits, the Senior Auditor will have the opportunity to interact with senior management and enhance oral and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be organized, proactive, and intellectually curious. They will take initiative on their own to set and execute goals, as well as work collaboratively/effectively with business partners throughout the business. They will also help manage international colleagues and co-source partners. The ideal candidate brings experience and is not afraid to think outside the box/pitch ideas on how to improve business operations, as well as Internal Audits.
- Conduct audit planning activities to develop relevant, value-added audit scopes.
- Execute risk-based audits, ensuring efficient and effective controls are in place to meet audit objectives, recommend solutions, and obtain management action plans.
- Interview key personnel to assess business processes and the strength of their control environments.
- Leverage data analysis in risk assessment and execution of audits.
- Execute testing procedures that address highest risks for activities in scope in accordance with Legend Internal Audit and IIA Standards.
- Identify control gaps, improvement opportunities, and value-added recommendations to strengthen and improve the control environment.
- Evaluate the risk and potential business impact of identified deficiencies.
- Prepare audit workpapers with meaningful insights that address control gaps and process improvement opportunities discovered during reviews.
- Discuss audit results to local and corporate management.
- Track audit requests with process owners.
- Perform and document walkthroughs and tests of controls to evaluate the effectiveness of the Company’s SOX 404 program.
- Track identified deficiencies/observations to completion.
- Identify process improvement opportunities for automation and leveraging data analytics for Internal Audit or business purposes.
- Collaborate with and help educate process owners on the importance of maintaining strong controls.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelors degree in Accounting is required. CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in auditing (combination of internal and/or external).
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) is required.
- Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience in life science industry is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience in SAP (S/4 Hana) is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Experience working with audit and data analytics tools (Galvanize/Diligent and ACL) is preferred. Excel/Word/PowerPoint capability required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with all levels of management.
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills for analyzing controls, identifying risks and assessing their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Standards/Regulations – Knowledge of U.S. GAAP & IFRS and IIA standards required.