Why would I want this job?
This position is responsible to analyze past financial performance to predict future performance and to advise the company on its financial strategy. This may include forecasting future revenues and expenditures as well as modeling capital structure and budgeting. Will keep track of the company’s financial plan. As part of the Finance and Accounting team will be assigned responsibilities within the functions of the department.
What would I be doing?
- Assists with preparation and review of Forms 10K and Form 10Q and other SEC filings such as Proxy as required.
- Assists in Preparation and review of financial statements, footnote disclosures, supplemental schedules and MD&A sections.
- Review presentation and disclosure in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements, including XBRL taxonomies.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews XBRL/IXBRL tagging as needed.
- Reviews and tests several key processes for management in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 requirements.
- Ensures compliance with SEC and US GAAP disclosure requirements; prepares quarterly/annual disclosure checklists.
- Assists outside consultants such as valuation firms and technical accounting firms as needed for financial reporting related projects.
- Performs research of technical accounting pronouncements/GAAP/SEC requirements and informs finance management of any new relevant issues that may affect the Company.
- Assists with drafting of accounting memos related to new accounting matters.
- Assists and leads with implementation of complex areas of technical accounting.
- Assists with complex areas of accounting including stock compensation and IBNR. Works with third party providers and internal resources to ensure accounting in these areas is correctly measured and disclosed.
- Perform accounting research and analysis as required. Assist in the implementation of new and existing accounting pronouncements.
- Provide support to other groups in the Corporate Finance Department on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the preparation of document support for and work closely with the External Auditors.
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
Other Important Responsibilities:
- Handles related email and telephone correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Responds to inquiries for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
- As part of the EMS- Environment Management System, will meet compliance obligations and accountability by contributing but not limited to the company’s recycling guidelines, proper waste and other environmental performance practices
- Will be required to perform other job functions, as assigned
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 5+ years public/private accounting combination.
- CPA or progress towards CPA required
- Strong general technical accounting background
- SEC Reporting experience preferred. Familiarity with Workiva a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong written, communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem- solving skills.
- Excellent record keeping and auditing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.