Why would I want this job?
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing operating expense review, oversight, financial reporting, and business support to the Global IT department. Responsibilities include operating expense expense tracking, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, month-end close, analysis & reporting, and capital asset management.
What would I be doing?
- Individual will serve as a key financial liaison between Corporate Accounting, multiple domestic and international business partners and a range of peer internal FP&A teams.
- Budgeting / Long-Range Plan: Assists with bottoms-up build of operating expense budgets/ LRP aligned with corporate growth directive; inclusive of creating budget / LRP documents necessary to capture a comprehensive view of operational and strategic needs.
- Forecasting: Responsible for the tracking and accuracy of corporate operating expense through monthly forecast submission
- Month-End Financial Close: Supports the month-end financial close process including analyzing financial data in GL accounts for accuracy and completeness, reviewing variances to budget and forecast, preparing journal entries, and partnering with Corporate Accounting to ensure journal entries are supported with appropriate back-up.
- Capital Asset Management: Provide systems support in set-up and closure of capital projects as well as tracking expenditures and validating treatment as capital vs. expense.
- Collaborates with business partners on a consistent basis to remain informed of business plans and their impact on the financials as well as to help facilitate monthly expense reviews.
- Assists Manager in identifying financial risks and opportunities; provides recommendations to mitigate.
- Promotes an environment of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities to create and implement process efficiencies.
- Assists Manager in preparation of financial reports and presentation materials to facilitate decision making.
- Assists with ad-hoc initiatives / analysis to support business needs.
What would make me qualified?
- Experience in Finance or Accounting; 2 years of finance/accounting experience in operating expense management
- Budgeting and forecasting experience in Corporate IT space preferred: operating expenses, capital expenditures, SaaS agreements.
- Familiarity with accounting treatment of cloud computing arrangements a plus
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Hyperion/Essbase/SmartView
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivots, v-lookups, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, with the ability to influence.
- Experience reading/interpreting IT agreements (MSA’s; SOW’s) a plus.
- Analytical and detail orientated with a high degree of accuracy, strategic thinker.
- Well organized with the ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to reprioritize based on deadlines and priorities.
- Self-motivated / self-starter; works independently to identify and / or resolve issues.
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate appropriate level of judgment, discretion, confidentiality, curiosity, and professional courtesy.