Why would I want this job?
The Senior, Internal Controls will play a critical role in developing company’s SOX Program, including the implementation of an internal control framework and risk management processes to support compliance with regulatory requirements. Reporting directly to Director of Internal Controls, this individual will support the internal control function working closely with control/process owners, a team of co—sourced consultants and external auditors. Great environment with many perks!
What would I be doing?
• Coordinate and lead SOX walkthroughs of business processes
• Oversee/execute ongoing monitoring and testing of internal controls related to processes to ensure the Company’s internal controls are designed and operating effectively
• Facilitate training programs as it relates to internal controls/SOX compliance
• Coordinate with process and control owners regarding SOX documentation, testing, evaluation, and necessary remediation
• Collaborate with process and control owners to design key internal controls and identify changes in existing and/or new activities, which require controls and control process enhancements
• Build and maintain strong relationships with process and control owners IT, and other parties as applicable
• Identify gaps in the internal controls design that could lead to financial reporting risk and correct design deficiencies
• Coordinate with external auditors to align on efforts and ensure alignment on conclusions
• Monitor recommended implementation from external auditors to ensure improvements in systems and controls
• Communicate control objectives, policies, and changes to relevant stakeholders.
• Manage a team of out-sourced professionals supporting the SOX Program
• Perform ad-hoc duties to support the Controllership
What would make me qualified?
• 3+ years of related audit & accounting experience, public accounting experience a plus
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other finance related degree
• Professional certification including CPA and/or CIA, a plus
• Strong knowledge of the internal control framework (COSO) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
• Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with teams across the organization
• Ability to work independently and consistently meet stringent deadlines
• Ability to identify problems, recommend effective solutions, and ensure that those solutions are implemented effectively and timely
• Well-developed communication and presentation skills indicative of an ability to effectively make presentations to and influence senior management, and communicate with all levels of management in a decentralized environment
• NetSuite and/or AuditBoard experience, a plus