Why would I want this job?
The Senior Manager of External Reporting will be responsible for the preparation of all SEC filings, including 10-K/Qs, 8-Ks with financial disclosures. This individual will work closely with the various functions in the company (including treasury, tax, FP&A, investor relations, legal) and be exposed to all levels of management within the finance organization.
A successful candidate will possess change leadership capabilities, a strong detail orientation/work ethic, the ability to solve difficult financial related issues, and a strong desire to learn/face new challenges.
What would I be doing?
- Preparation and review of the quarterly and annual financial reports with the SEC, including drafting financial statements, footnotes and MD&A
- Assist in review and preparation of periodic earnings releases and related materials required (with an understanding of restrictions on the use of non-gaap measures)
- Maintain documentation supporting SOX compliance
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements for potential impact and discourses in 10-Q/10-K
- Liaise with external auditor to ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits of SEC filings and preparation of GAAP disclosure checklist
- Assist with technical accounting work performed over new and/or complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes to existing policies
- Review XBRL tagging prepared by 3rd party service provider
- Review of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 6-8 years prior experience in industry or public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, IFRS experience a plus
- Leadership capabilities, strong work ethic/attention to detail, ability to troubleshoot financial related issues, and strong desire to learn/take on additional responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Workspace
- Familiarity with Donnelley Financial Solutions ActiveDisclosure is a plus