Why would I want this job?
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Senior Manager – External Reporting. Reporting to the Director of External Reporting, the Senior Manager of External Reporting is responsible for successfully driving the completion of quarterly and annual SEC filing processes, partnering with Investor Relations on Earnings Releases and for leading and mentoring a small team. This position is also expected to assist in special projects, technical accounting research, as necessary, and process improvements, including assisting with the rationalization of internal controls. We are looking for someone who is able to multitask, work under pressure, consistently meet deadlines and be detailed oriented.
What would I be doing?
The Senior Manager, External Reporting is a highly visible role within our finance department and will interact closely with the Finance Leadership Team and other members of the Controllers, Legal and FP&A teams, to ensure accurate reporting/disclosures and full compliance with all external standards.
- Manage the preparation/filing of and review quarterly and annual SEC reporting requirements (e.g. 10-Q, 10-K, XBRL, 8-K, proxy filings, registration statements).
- Review quarterly earnings release/presentation and prepare necessary supporting schedules.
- Support Investor Relations in preparation of press release materials and addressing investor questions.
- Review of quarterly cash flows statement and assist in the cash flows forecasting process.
- Assess the impact of new or proposed accounting standards, interpretations or regulations from the FASB, AICPA, PCAOB, and SEC, and communicate impact to management.
- Liaison with independent auditors in the quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Monitor communications from regulatory bodies, accounting firms, and other external sources to remain up-to-date on new regulations and accounting practices.
- Assist in the preparation of all required statements and exhibits as required under the company’s debt covenants.
- Independently prioritizes and accomplishes multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Directs and reviews the work of others.
- Identifies and implements business process improvements.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as required.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA license required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive professional experience in large public accounting firm with SEC clients or a combination of public accounting firm with SEC clients and private industry with SEC responsibilities.
- Strong technical accounting, research and reporting skills.
- Managerial level experience in public audit or corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability (identify problems and develop/implement solutions).
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization.
- Self-starter; ability to work and prioritize with little direction.
- High level of accuracy in all work.
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects/issues to completion.
- Knowledgeable in IT systems – SAP/BPC/Workiva preferred.
- Experience in information system implementations, Sarbanes Oxley, and process improvements preferred