Why would I want this job?
Location: Remote or Chapel Hill, NC
The Manager/Senior Manager – FP&A is a dynamic and visible role responsible for day-to-day execution of financial planning, analysis, and management reporting, as well as providing guidance to the company research and development organization in a financial business partner capacity. The incumbent is also responsible for R&D cost planning and portfolio investment management.
A successful candidate is highly motivated, intuitive, collaborative, and demonstrates speed and agility across a wide range of financial topics. He or she has deep experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry, outstanding analytical capabilities and a solid understanding of planning processes, financial systems, and accounting concepts.
What would I be doing?
- Develop and manage the implementation of annual operating plans, forecasts, long range planning and resource allocation in line with strategic objectives
- Drive robust management reporting process with key metrics, steering mechanisms, and identifying the underlying reasons for variances from financial plans
- Serve as a financial business partner to the organization, including detailed R&D cost planning, business cases, headcount tracking, ROI, Make/Buy analysis etc.
- Preparate financial analysis to support new investment opportunities and ensure that the appropriate financial and business risks have been identified and evaluated.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and present financial data to business leaders to help drive key decision-making and contingency planning
- Support establishment of portfolio prioritization processes and tools, in partnership with R&D management
• Prepare financial presentations for Executive Leadership Team and other internal
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, controlling, or accounting discipline required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant and progressive experience in a pharma / biotech industry, as well as a strong understanding of the complexities of financial and business transactions of a globally operating business
- Strong experience with global finance and accounting processes / systems, preparing and managing budget, forecast, long range strategic planning, integration / divestment projects, M&A business case evaluation, understanding of R&D and portfolio management
- Excellent communication skills necessary to effectively interact with and influence all levels of the organization
- High result orientation and the ability to deal with uncertainty, complexity, and manage multiple priorities with speed and agility
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills, coupled with a collaborative mindset and a curiosity to learn
- Comfortable with leveraging data and technology to deliver performance improvements, and a history of seeking opportunities and implementing process improvements solutions based on technology
- Able to makes sense of, simplify complex information, and build cohesive and compelling stories through numbers