Why would I want this job?
Senior Manager of Accounting & Financial Reporting to manage all aspects of general & technical accounting and internal & external financial reporting for the company including the preparation of all periodic financial statements (internal and external reports). This person will ensure that the reports, filings, and documentation comply with the Company’s accounting policies, US GAAP/IFRS and the reporting.
What would I be doing?
- Manage the monthly/quarterly/year-end financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded.
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analysis.
- Contribute to the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process system and changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment.
- Assist in all aspects of US GAAP, IFRS and statutory reporting
- Analytical review and understanding of all disclosures in US regulatory reports filed with external parties
- Drafting of new disclosures and updating of recurring disclosure
- Keep abreast of new disclosure requirements.
- Main liaison with external auditors. Coordinate all planning, timelines and deliverables with external auditors
- Maintain Chart of accounts, security, workflow, user acceptance testing of upgrades and improvements
- Maintain and update key controls, procedures and disclosure policies for the group.
- Manage reporting department expenses and vendor relationships.
- Other recurring reporting requirements and ad hoc requests for information
- Responsible for the accounts payable function and procure to pay process
- Responsible for the accounting for investments (includes stock warrants)
- Assist in the preparation of tax provision prepared by outside tax consultants and review of Federal and state tax returns
- Supervision of accounts payable associate and associate manager of accounting
- Key owner of JDE Enterprise One system, DocuWare system and Kyriba system
What would make me qualified?
Work Experience Requirements
- 5-8 years accounting experience with financial statements in pharmaceutical industry 5 years’ experience in external reporting area
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of advanced accounting principles and practices
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 5 years of senior Accounting and Finance experience within a pharmaceutical or Biotech Company.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Expert knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One required.
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker demonstrating ability to apply technical standards and concepts to complex, critical business matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented individual that can build strong, long-term relationships worldwide across varying geographies and functions.
- Proficiency with researching accounting literature including FASB, SEC, AICPA, IFRS
- Ability to work in an international environment, with prior experience in a multinational corporation.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Initial work experience with a Big Four Accounting firm is highly desirable.
- Intermediate/advanced experience with Tableau is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and CPA required
- Senior Manager or equivalent level at a Big 4 accounting firm or similar financial reporting experience in a large company with strong skills in technical accounting