Why would I want this job?
Senior Manager Shared Services Accounting for a global leader in the design, development, and distribution of extrusion and converting technology. Their systems encompass product lines to support manufacturing applications and customers in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, building & construction, consumer products, medical, and packaging.
What would I be doing?
- Manage billing and collections specialists across multiple sites
- Ensure all customer invoices are generated accurately and on-time
- Drive team to reach cash flow forecast through daily collection contacts
- Reconcile cash application daily
- Create Key Performance Indicator Goals and hold team accountable
- Establish strong relationships with customers and operating partners; respond to queries in a timely manner
- Escalate problem receivables to operations and sales managers
- Communicate past due collections actions for top customers to senior management weekly
- Create monthly reports for accounts receivable agings and past due top customer accounts
- Develop best practices for order entry and other continuous improvement activities that mitigate billing errors
- Assist controller with bank reconciliation and cash forecasts
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in managing AR related activities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Proficiency with the use of computers, ERP systems, and Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and committed to meet/exceed goals continuously
- Clearly understand problems and makes sound decisions to resolve discrepancies and errors