Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Director, Pricing & Contracts, this position provides strong analytical and technical support for the brand and specialty pricing team. Working in partnership with the Market Access team, this role will provide Market Access with key support to evaluate contract deal and no deal scenarios and develop analytical reports to evaluate and align customer pricing.
What would I be doing?
- Provide contract modeling, contract modeling solution management and pricing support for national and regional account teams.
- Support the evolution and identification of needed pricing models based on existing and future product / patient, market, and/or regulatory and legislative needs.
- Regularly assess and communicate brand performance in various forums (brand performance reviews, leadership meetings, etc.)
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to internal partners through the development and evaluation of pricing paradigms, contracting opportunities, and programs.
- Partner with National Accounts team, Marketing and Medical to develop strategies for channel mix optimization, contract deployment and pricing initiatives.
- Independently works with customers leadership levels and internal functional areas to reach agreement on business and legal aspects of a contract.
- Work closely with Finance to close gaps in Medicaid and 340B impact evaluations and models
- Support GTN evaluations and provide proactive and reactive analytics and insights to the business that helps improve forecasting, contracting decisions, pricing decisions, timing, and general business planning.
- Optimize Gross to Net forecasting model
- Autonomously author complex contract documents, including the development and draft of notices, amendments, agreements, and value/risk-based contracts grounded on approved pricing, market baskets, and product positioning requirements.
- Engage and align with key internal company stakeholder and external vendors.
- Demonstrate proactive curiosity; identifying business opportunities and risks through data and analytics.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders built on trust, transparency and communication across Marketing, Sales, Finance, as well as other US business operations teams.
- All other duties as assigned
What would make me qualified?
Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in a business related function
- Master Degree (MBA) in a business related function – Preferred
1 year or more Pharmaceutical Brand experience
- 8 years or more Contracting, Finance, Account Management or Pricing
- 3 years or more Advanced Analytics – Preferred
- Analytical but with a customer service mentality – Advanced
- Strong ability to multi-task and commit to project deadlines – Advanced
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret general reports. – Advanced
- Strong communications, both oral and verbal – Advanced
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external stakeholders – Intermediate
- Experience working with pharmaceutical pricing data and economic analysis – Advanced
- Analytical problem solver with business acumen. Able to evaluate key business drivers and develop clear solution recommendations – Advanced
- Understanding of financial analysis, legal terminology, and contract procedures – IntermediateUnderstanding of commercial contracts and be able to track compliance to ensure that all commercial contracts are in compliance with the current contract guidelines –
- Ability to collaborate with IT, Commercial Ops, Finance, and others to drive best in class analytic solutions for efficiency, timeliness and accuracy – Intermediate
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive team results – Intermediate
- Ability to understand, organize and deliver on critical business requirements to drive solutions that advance our pricing capabilities – Advanced
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization. – Intermediate
- Excellent writing, presentation and project management skills. – Advance
- Strong technical skills in applications such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS OneNote and other Microsoft Office suite tools
- Strong understanding of secondary pharmaceutical data sources (e.g. IQVIA Xponent PlanTrak, IQVIA Smart, NPA, MMIT, FDB, Medi-Span, etc.).
- Qlik/Tableau, SAS/SQL along with analytics and reporting solutions experience preferred