Why would I want this job?
Provides technical & analytical support to the payroll function. Delivers full scope of Payroll & eTime processing in an efficient, accurate & reliable manner through collaboration with the team. Ensures compliance with local, state & federal laws. Interacts with all levels of internal & external customers.
What would I be doing?
- Responsible for processing, monitoring & maintenance of payroll data.
- Addresses complex tax issues & responds to appropriate agency.
- Responsible for payroll systems (eTime & ADP).
- Identifies process improvement initiatives.
- Prepares various special pay calculations.
- Prepares payroll upload & reports, as needed.
- Responsible for employee garnishments, fringes & payments.
- Serves as back-up to full scope of payroll.
- Responsible for multi-state payroll set up, compliance & processing.
- Conducts training on HR systems/payroll practices, as required.
- Prepares complex reports to support & comply with government requirements.
- Maintains systems to provide accurate reporting.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal & state laws.
- Prepares & coordinate payroll transactions to general ledger.
- Responsible for expatriate pay calculations & monitors net pay calculations each pay period.
- Ensures proper programming of payroll system for special calculations & compliance, engaging ADP to create change requests & thorough testing of solutions.
- Ensures timely follow through on payroll inquiries.
- Supports Rewards & Recognition team to ensure timely 401(k) & HSA funding.
- Supports cross-functional team within P&O & other departments, as required.
- Provides support & assistance to Finance Team & other general accounting functions.
- Provides seamless year-end & year-begin processes.
- Ensures accurate 401(k) & benefit data as it relates to payroll by performing regular data audits.
- Identifies & manages payroll quality control standards.
- Conducts internal quarterly 401(k) audits to reconcile with vendor data.
- Serves as liaison to internal & external financial auditors.
- Responsible for the monthly anniversary rewards program.
- Prepares payroll input & reconciliation for company government grants & incentives reporting.
- Prepares materials & participates in new hire orientation.
- Responsible for absenteeism/absence reporting.
- May support aspects of Mobility.
Responsible for annual audit data preparation, including but not limited to the following
- 401(k) external audit
- Internal GIA & external minimal controls audit
- Worker’s compensation payroll audit
- Other accountabilities, as assigned, in support of P&O Department.
What would make me qualified?
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent combination of education & experience. FPC/CPP preferred.
- Minimum of five (10+) years of Payroll Processing experience.
- APA Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or APA Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) strongly preferred.
- ADP Reporting (Workforce Now).
- ADP eTime system.
- SAP/HR system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience in HR environment.
- Working knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) as well as all Federal, State & Local tax laws.
- Support of a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office applications (vLookup, pivot tables, mail/email merges, presentations)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Highly motivated & energetic
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with high volume workload
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & deadlines
- Ability to train others
- Proven process improvement & problem-solving skills
- General working knowledge of Human Resources
- Ability to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets.
- Builds strong working relationships.
- Actively participates in process/team activities, supports ideas/actions of others & uses appreciative feedback style to coach others in how to “make their idea even better.”
- Quickly flexes to changes in roles & responsibilities, environments & business needs with grace & ease.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with “for me to win the team must win” beliefs.
- Demonstrates appreciative feedback style.
- Appreciates other team members & their contributions.
- Respectfully & constructively challenges the status quo to allow for continuous process improvement.
- Understands who the customer (internal/external) is, understands the customers’ requirements, prioritizes work & develops processes that generate services that support the customers’ needs.
- Champion change initiatives to improve automation whenever possible.
Fact Based Decision Making
- Demonstrates a disciplined approach to problem solving that is based on data & facts & is consistent with vision/business goals & values.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality. (Mandatory)
- Ability to travel as requested, less than 5% overnight travel.