Why would I want this job?
The Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of property accounting and the month/year end close process along with reporting and budgeting. The senior accountant must have the ability to collaborate with the team and provide timely and accurate production of deliverables.
What would I be doing?
- Prepares periodic financial statements and budgets for ownership and management review.
- Responsible for the accurate set up of properties in Yardi and preparation of regular reporting
- Assist with preparation of Annual Budget
- Work with Property Management Team to research and explain budget to actual variances, and share these explanations with leadership
- Supervise the preparation of journal entries and record any adjustments and depreciation expense
- Manages Common Area Maintenance (CAM) accounts, reconciling and making appropriate journal entries
- Record acquisition and refinancing entries as directed by the Controller
- Post monthly rental and utility charges and process security deposit refunds, adjusting tenant account billing and charges, as necessary.
- Records and reconciles transactions that cascade across related entities
- Daily posting of cash receipts and reconciliation of vendor and tenant ledgers
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledger
- Assists with Tax/Audit requests
- Perform ad-hoc reporting
- Other duties as assigned
What would make me qualified?
- Four-year college degree in Accounting
- Experience with real estate accounting software Yardi required
- Three or more years’ experience in real estate accounting and finance
- Knowledge of accounting principles and the requirements of real estate organizations
- MS Office, Windows required
- Supervise Junior Property Accountant, and responsible for their performance
- Prepare reports and attend Real Estate Meetings designed to accurately summarize property accounts.
- Detail oriented team player with multi-tasking skills and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills