Why would I want this job?
The Senior Tax Accountant will be the dedicated corporate tax specialist for the US businesses and will be responsible for tax compliance and consulting for income tax and other miscellaneous tax related items for all US legal entities. This position is a highly critical and visible role that supports multiple stakeholders and will require strong organization and collaboration.
What would I be doing?
- Responsible for tax compliance and consulting for income tax and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Lead the coordination with the external tax advisor with respect to the tax provision and tax return filings.
- Identify opportunities to transfer various outsourced tasks in-house, including establishing and documenting processes.
- Responsible for tax optimization and risk analysis of new business decisions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate structure changes; including the preparation and filing of the required documentation to implement all changes.
- Lead income tax audits.
- Responsible for researching and resolving tax notices and issues.
- Coordinate with Group Tax Transfer Pricing Specialist, including gathering information and conducting research with respect to US transfer pricing.
- Coordinate with Group Tax on tax technical issues and developments and ad hoc projects.
- Responsible for staying up to date and communicating legislation developments and the potential impact on the US Group with the US Tax Manager and Group Tax on a routine basis.
- Complete all other tasks and projects assigned by management.
What would make me qualified?
This position assists and reports to the US Tax Manager. All tasks will be in close cooperation with the US businesses, US Tax, Group Tax, Finance, Legal, and the Retail M&A team.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy is required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability in complex problem solving and use of solid judgment skills
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality