Why would I want this job?
Senior Tax Manager for patient-centered health intelligence company dedicated to advancing healthcare through date-driven insights.
What would I be doing?
- Formalize the Company’s tax reporting policies and procedures
- Review consolidated effective tax rate calculations
- Manage sales and use tax compliance
- Review various tax reporting files prepared by external tax professionals to ensure timely and accurate tax accounting and reporting
- Responsible for monitoring valuation allowance, deferred tax inventory, reconciliation of income taxes payable accounts and other tax account roll forwards
- Manage effective month-end and quarter end processes related to tax accounting, including gathering, organizing and efficiently utilizing data from general ledger to accurately account for direct and indirect taxes
- Manage external tax professionals in ensuring various tax studies are timely performed and completed
- Prepare income tax footnotes to be included in the Company’s Form 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Monitor any updates to tax accounting pronouncements, tax law changes and evaluate impact is adequately accounted for and disclosed
- Collaborate with various departments to analyze business issues and related tax implications and proactively address them
- Maintain effective tax controls that address significant tax accounting risks
- Lead tax planning initiatives, as needed
- Research tax issues that may arise on an ad-hoc basis and write periodic and ad-hoc tax accounting memos for internal reviews
- Other special projects as they come up
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree a plus
- 8-10 years of tax accounting experiences
- Prior experience with acquisition preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, technology skills, research skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments
- Public company experience highly preferred
- Highly organized
- Stellar attention to detail