Why would I want this job?
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 14,000 employees located throughout the country. Since their founding in 2009, they have acquired over 60 companies and have expanded to more than 400 locations serving 37 states.
What would I be doing?
- Assist the Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager in performing the scoping, risk assessment and development of the annual SOX plan.
- Update process documentation principally through conducting walkthroughs and working collaboratively with process and control owners.
- Conduct the ICFR testing program and ensure that the documentation of testing meets quality standards, results with applicable conclusions and recommendations are properly communicated; and adequate action plans are captured for control issues.
- Audit through the ERP system to obtain testing samples and develop continuous auditing techniques.
- Operate the quarterly control certification program.
- Follow up on control issues and action plans, and report periodically to the Internal Audit Director any action plans not effectively implemented.
- Serve as the administrator for the Riskonnect Internal Controls application.
- Ensure the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
- Possess or obtain the knowledge, skills, and other competencies needed to meet the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley program.
- Consider emerging trends and successful practices in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Adhere to policies and procedures designed to guide the Sarbanes-Oxley program and the Internal Audit Department.
- Affirm adherence to company’s relevant policies and procedures unless such policies and procedures conflict with the Internal Audit Charter. Any such conflicts will be resolved or otherwise communicated to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Lead special projects as assigned by the Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager, including performance of Internal Audits at the request of the Internal Audit Director.
What would make me qualified?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting or finance.
- Professional certification a plus (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc.)
- 4-8 + years of progressive experience in internal audit, accounting, and finance with prior public accounting experience strongly preferred and public company audit experience.
- Strong analytical, organization and project management skills.
- Advanced collaboration skills.
- Must be able to succinctly summarize complex information to a diverse audience of internal colleagues, leaders and the Audit Committee.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, bias towards achieving results and an ability to drive issues to closure despite obstacles.
- Must possess strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and Internal Auditing methodologies and standards. Be adept at assessing complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, and compliance risks warranting audit attention.
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies.
- Ability to perform data analysis utilizing a software tool such as IDEA.
- Experienced utilizing governance, risk and compliance software.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Visio or other flowcharting tools.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.