Why would I want this job?
The position will be primarily responsible for reviewing M&A related transactions and providing guidance for purposes of compliance with GAAP and company policies. Additionally, the individual will assist with the SEC filings (10-Q and 10-K).
What would I be doing?
- Performs initial reviews of contracts, deal documents and diligence materials to advise Corporate Development of accounting implications of M&A related transactions
- Liaison with Corporate Development, Legal and Tax regarding deal structure for acquisitions and dispositions, and the related accounting implications
- Review initial and subsequent accounting for all Company acquisitions and dispositions
- Research transaction related and other GAAP accounting issues and summarize proposed treatment
- Review and/or perform due diligence work on potential acquisitions
- Preparation of quarterly transaction summaries
- Assist in preparing and updating corporate accounting policies
- Prepare various schedules required for periodic reporting
- Assist in the preparation of information included in SEC filings (10-Q and 10-K)
- Work with external auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Mentor and develop team members
What would make me qualified?
- Accounting degree and CPA certification or CPA in process
- 2-4 years’ experience, preferably in Big 4 public accounting
- Transaction services or deal experience a plus, but not required
- Corporate environment experience, a plus
- Good work ethic and passionate about achieving results to deliver high-quality work
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Solid organization and detail orientation skills – will need to track own progress on several monthly tasks
- Advanced Word and Excel skills
- Hyperion and Workiva experience, a plus