Why would I want this job?
Responsible for the preparation of regulatory reports including, but not limited to, the Call Report, FRY-9C, FRY-9LP, FR2900, FR2644, FR Y-10 and U.S. Census reports. Responsible for preparing and understanding general ledger entries for all subsidiaries, intercompany eliminations, and account reconciliations as assigned. Also responsible for accounting for the Bank’s derivative and hedging program and performs various reports for management.
What would I be doing?
- Preparation of regulatory reports including but not limited to the Call Report, FRY-9C, FRY-9LP, FR2900, FR2644, Summary of Deposits, FR G-4, FR 2028D, FR Y-10 and U.S. Census reports. Ensures that reported amounts and trends are properly analyzed prior to submission and maintains all relevant supporting documentation.
- Manages consolidation accounting including processing elimination entries between legal entities.
- Account for the Bank’s derivative and hedging programs, which includes new transactions, counterparty settlements, accruals, and monthly activity.
- Prepares general ledger entries for the Bank and its subsidiaries and performs monthly reconciliations and variance analysis of general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Maintains, monitors, and reconciles Inter-Company accounts on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Performs analysis of accounts, trends, margins for accuracy and reasonableness as required and documents findings using the Bank’s various systems/applications.
- Responsible for accounting for the Bank’s financial interest in a mortgage title company.
- Prepares monthly adjusting entries and analysis related to the Bank’s REIT Subsidiary, which includes but is not limited to the Sale/Contribution of loans, management and pledging fees, and compliance with REIT rules.
- Manages the Bank’s REIT Subsidiary to optimize the Bank’s tax position.
- Perform accounting research, peer reviews and provide recommendations for proper accounting/regulatory reporting treatment.
- Provide back-up, as needed, for members of the accounting department.
- Other assigned duties as requested.
What would make me qualified?
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current accounting concepts, practices, and procedures with strong analytical and technical skills in working with figures.
- Knowledge of Fiserv products, including Prologue and Premier.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products, primarily Excel, and its analytical, formula, and financial functions (specifically V-Lookups, Pivot Tables and If Then formulas).
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for data manipulation and analysis with the capability to translate large amounts of data into insightful information that is consumable at an executive level.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and prioritize tasks.
- Attention to detail, control oriented and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a team setting (both with other members of accounting department and across other departments), and independently in a fast-paced accounting environment with fixed deadlines.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance/accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in accounting, preferably in banking.
- Prior experience with Fiserv products, including Prologue and Premier.
Internal and External Contacts
- Internal contact within accounting department, various other departments (Treasury, Credit, Operations) and senior managers on a wide variety of accounting and regulatory reporting topics.
- External contacts are occasional and mainly related to regulatory reporting issues and questions.