Why would I want this job?
We are looking for a Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting who is resourceful, bright, proactive, a go-getter, works well independently and as part of a team, and who will be passionate about what they do. The successful candidate will thrive in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing digital organization and will report to the Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting. – 3 days in office.
What would I be doing?
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures, and the MD&A for quarterly and annual filings with the SEC on Forms 10-Q and 10-K
- Assist with research and documentation of technical accounting and SEC reporting to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Manage the lease accounting process under ASC 842, including preparing the lease schedule, reviewing and documenting lease contracts for technical accounting implications, and participating/leading cross-functional stakeholder discussions
- Participate in the global accounting close / operations such as preparing journal entries and supporting documentation for technical accounting areas (such as leases)
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) controls for financial statement close and financial reporting processes
- Maintain, update and enforce accounting policies (and supporting documentation) with all subsidiaries globally
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (such as FP&A, Legal, and R&D) including providing training and education as needed
- Provide guidance and fulfill requests from finance stakeholders as needed
- Ad hoc tasks and/or special projects on an as-needed basis
What would make me qualified?
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 4+ years of related experience with at least 2 years of public accounting experience
- Knowledge and application of US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Experience / exposure to GL / ERP required, NetSuite experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem0solving ability who is proactive, resourceful and has a can-do attitude
- Experience working on/at US GAAP multi-national public companies
- Experience doing technical accounting research, assessing complex accounting issues and building robust support / documentation
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges and working collaboratively across different teams and functions
- Detail-oriented with strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities / deadlines