Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will act as the link between finance and management, acting as a trusted advisor and providing valuable analysis and insights to influence decision-making. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for leading the commission process for finance, including calculation of payments, reporting and analysis.
This role requires building relationships with internal commercial team partners and providing analysis and insights that link financial reports to business strategies.
What would I be doing?
- Generate monthly commission file and work with accounting to ensure timely payouts to sales reps
- Prepare and distribute monthly sales rep level commission reports and respond to any questions/issues
- Manage quarterly/annual bonus process for applicable sales teams
- Support commercial teams with higher level commission reporting and ad hoc analysis requests
- Review existing processes and procedures to develop and implement recommendations for systematic improvements
- Provide financial guidance with respect to sales compensation plan design
- Be a subject matter expert within department on commission activities
- Support the finance team with other responsibilities, such as commercial performance reporting, client pricing/phlebotomy requests and ad hoc analyses
What would make me qualified?
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify variations and trends, spot business opportunities, develop practical recommendations and drive implementation with functional leaders.
- Solid accounting knowledge including full financial statement understanding and analysis skills.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills with a focus on analysis and process improvement.
- The ability to explain complex financial data to non-finance individuals
- Flexibility to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Other Desired Skills:
- Demonstrated strategic and operational thinking skills.
- Experience in creating reports using visualization tools (i.e. Qlik, SAP Analytics Cloud, Power BI)
- Strong sense of urgency with a focus on accuracy and thoroughness.
- The ability to influence and win over stakeholders.
- Experience in the diagnostics industry or related field.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent field
- A minimum of 5 years FP&A, Accounting or Operations experience
- Both Finance and General Accounting knowledge are required as well as effective organization, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to successfully operate with minimal supervision
- Strong proficiency with Excel, as well as proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)