Why would I want this job?
Our client is looking for a Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis and Internal Reporting, with a balance of talent in Financial Analytics, Budgeting, Internal Financial Reporting and Presentation Skills.
As a FP&A Senior Manager, you are responsible for providing senior management and executives with the analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions. This role is accountable for running the annual budgeting process as well as managing variance analysis, internal operational reporting and partnering with leadership in assessing the financial performance of the Company’s operations.
The successful candidate is analytical, inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated, good at managing internal stakeholders, a strong communicator, and someone who is proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. A significant portion of your work is creating compelling presentations which are well written, visually appealing, and persuasive.
Similarly, we are looking for a leader with a positive attitude who works well with a team, and follows through on accountable commitments. Operating with the highest level of integrity is a must.
This role reports directly to the Corporate Controller, with a dotted line to the CFO.
What would I be doing?
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company’s business
- Oversee internal financial reporting of consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics.
- Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications
- Participate as a key thought leader of the finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities, and co-managing a small staff directly
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation and closing process and treasury operations through analytical review and trend analysis
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging business unit analytical resources and tools
- Lead the preparation and strategic aspects of the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process for the company
- Prepare presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leader- ship meetings and various strategic committees of the company
- Support the strategic business planning process
What would make me qualified?
- 10 years of finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibility
- Big 4 experience / CPA is a plus
- Experience managing and developing people
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience in Oracle, Cognos and Tableau is a plus