Why would I want this job?
This position will partner with the Performance Manager Global Supply Chain, US Operations Controller, Global Reporting and MI Manager, and Plant Controllers to focus on developing a sustainable, high performing function. The position resides within Finance and supports the global Manufacturing & Supply Chain organization.
What would I be doing?
- Oversee and prepare annual budgeting, forecasting and planning processes for the function; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the business leadership team abreast of financial results and issues.
- Analyse financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial results, actively participate/lead the financial analysis for key projects/programs.
- Deep dive in product costing, including raw materials, freight and duties, manufacturing variable and fixed cost, provide insights for cost variance to support contribution margin analysis.
- Provide support to local Supply Chain operations through analysis of plant operations. Coordinate key activities with the plant Controllers.
- Subject Matter Expert in operations & cost accounting.
- As a business partner challenge assumptions and plans, use scenario planning and evaluation of past performance compared to predictions to generate the most realistic plans.
- Proactively identify and propose performance interventions/ counter-measures when challenges arise.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities, provide advice and counsel on the financial consequences of operational and business decisions.
- Drive superior operating performance by proactively reaching out to and educating our manufacturing teams.
- Develop financial and non-financial key internal/external performance indicators/metrics and the appropriate reports to assess financial and operational performance across the function.
- Provide reports, analysis and recommendations on performance (to include products, raw material costs, freight and duty costs, capex, purchasing spend, operational & efficiency metrics, inventory planning) to help improve operations.
- Leverage available systems to enhance data access, analytical information and management reporting. Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and MI dashboards.
- Help ensure the accuracy and integrity of the plants accounting systems and records, as well as strict compliance to all company policies, procedures and controls.
- Manage an efficient and effective, accurate and timely financial reporting and planning cycle for the sites. This includes, amongst others, accurate and up to date product costing, variable and fixed costs, WC (Inventories & Suppliers) management and Capex planning
- Build competencies in the team to achieve a high performing team.
- Network and influence: establish trust and credibility from management, influence and create buy-in with employees in other functions internally and externally
- Drive change: lead people through change, help them overcome resistance, act as a change agent
- Work closely with the segment Performance management colleagues to ensure that the Manufacturing KPI’s and targets are supporting the business strategies and issues are identified and communicated proactively.
- Assist plant controllers with their accounting and finance activities such as planning, reporting, capital expenditure. Educate the team on financial processes/policies and the financial impact of business and operational decisions.
- Instil strong cost control and planning discipline to assist plant management in controlling manufacturing costs.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- MBA and/or Accounting Certification helpful
- 5+ years’ work experience
- International company
- (Chemical) manufacturing environment
- FP&A, cost accounting, plant controller/analyst
- Highly proficient or expert level in JD Edwards (required), HFM / Tableau (helpful), Finario (helpful), Smartsheet or MS Project (helpful)
- Highly proficient or expert level in MS Excel, including pivot tables (required)
- Proven track record of successful partnering with function leadership
- Ability to analyse and simplify complex business issues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail that enables and supports sound decision making
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in high-pressure, changing environment
- Ability to clearly present/describe financial results/issues in a way that is easily understood by all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Teams 365
- Can influence and negotiate well, work with various levels and cultures
- A dedicated self-starter with high enthusiasm
- Hands-on and can-do mentality
- High performer, driven, sets priorities and delivers on commitments
- Passionate about developing and maximizing individual and organizational goals