Why would I want this job?
Our client seeks an experienced, detail oriented Staff Accountant to join our growing accounting group. This key role deals with a high volume of bank, intercompany and international reconciliations, all month-end closing duties, preparation of monthly financial statements in a multi-company environment, as well as working with outside accountants for domestic and international offices.
What would I be doing?
- Complete high volume of bank reconciliations and intercompany reconciliations involving foreign currency transactions
- Handle all month-end closing duties including journal entry preparation, recording monthly activities and payroll entries
- Maintain monthly detailed reconciliations with notes, schedules and account analysis, including payroll, intercompany accounts, fixed assets, and all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statements and monthly reporting package in a multi-company environment
- Work with outside accountants for domestic and international offices and assist with audits and external reporting
- Perform other job duties and special projects on an as-needed basis
What would make me qualified?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- GAAP Accounting, advanced knowledge of accounting functions, specifically month end close, bank reconciliation and intercompany reconciliation
- Proficiency in Excel, Word
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and follow-through in completion of projects
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Good communication with the ability to interact positively with others inside and outside the organization
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting Software is helpful as is previous experience in a Customer Service organization
- Creative thinker – You are curious and unafraid to ask questions
- Hard worker – You are industrious and diligent in everything you do
- Innovator – You are willing to initiate changes and introduce new ideas