Why would I want this job?
The Staff Accountant’s primary responsibilities will be to perform all detailed general ledger accounting functions and analysis for various areas of the Company’s business. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for providing accounting assistance in support of all facets of the closing, reporting and budgeting processes, as well as in the streamlining of procedures. The individual will also be involved in a number of ad-hoc projects.
What would I be doing?
• Ensure we account for all business transactions in a complete and timely manner
• Continuously improve/strengthen our business processes
• Timely and effectively communicate throughout the department and the Company
• Complete all tasks/projects in a competent and timely manner
• Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
• Analyze and prepare journal entries and accruals/participate in general ledger close process
• Prepare detail reconciliations and account analyses
• Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks
• Assist with ad-hoc assignments and special projects
• Interacting with management and other departments in the Company
• Responsible for many different balance sheet and income statement accounts with regards to the acquisition of real estate properties within the portfolio
What would make me qualified?
• Results oriented, flexible, resourceful, and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple deliverables
• Team player
• Strong analytical skills and initiative
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time-management skills, and ability to adhere to accounting close timelines
• Strong knowledge of Excel is a must (large data sets/filters/pivot tables/lookups)
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
• CPA or MBA a strong plus, but not required
• Real estate experience and strong plus, but not required