Why would I want this job?
We seek a Staff Accountant that will report to Manager, Accounting. This position will perform accounting duties within the SG&A expense areas, including, but not limited to, payroll, benefits, and other balance sheet & expense analyses. Responsibilities will include the timely completion of activities within the monthly/quarterly close process timeline; e.g., recording journal entries and preparing payroll, benefits, expense and balance sheet account analyses. This position will work with other accounting groups, Finance, and other departments to gather the information necessary to prepare schedules and accurately account for the areas for which they are responsible.
What would I be doing?
- Assist with the preparation of multiple SG&A expense schedules and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Work directly with Finance to ensure completeness and accuracy of accruals and reclasses.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Prepaid Expense Accounting Policy.
- Weekly, perform Payroll journal entry imports from subledger.
- Monthly, record various journal entries for the payroll related expenses and accruals and perform balance sheet rollforwards and reconciliations.
- Monthly, record various journal entries for the benefits related expenses and accruals and perform balance sheet rollforwards and reconciliations.
- Monthly perform additional expense and balance sheet analyses for other G&A areas.
- Perform fluctuation analyses and prepare responses for Management.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with documented financial reporting and other related controls and updating related documents as necessary to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Support internal and external audit with requests, as needed.
- Provide assistance to other departments within the organization with specific requests or initiatives related to area of responsibility.
- Assist with other special projects, analyses, and process improvements, as needed.
What would make me qualified?
- Team player, interacts effectively with others, has the ability to think independently and proactively propose solutions with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Must possess knowledge of accounting principles and understand how to apply those principles to “real world” operational processes.
- Organization skills, attention to detail, and accuracy are critical in this position.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are mandatory.
- Big 4 experience preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft applications is required, specifically Microsoft Excel is required (financial functions, pivot tables, VLookup functions, etc.).
- Experience with Oracle GL and Hubble a preferred.