Why would I want this job?
The Staff Accountant contributes to the day-to-day accounting activities associated with internal and external financial reporting. The incumbent is involved with, and plays an active role in, the company Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance initiative and the on-going assessment of technical accounting issues.
What would I be doing?
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on Accounting related issues.
The Staff Accountant supports adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
- Prepares general accounting journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts; provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions; balances books periodically and maintains receipts and disbursement reports.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments. This may also include the reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Reconciles all intercompany accounts monthly and investigates any discrepancies
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Supports year-end audits, quarterly reviews, and other engagements by providing external auditors with audit-related information.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- 1-2 Years Work Experience.
- Basic understanding of accounting journal entries (debits/credits).
- Basic understanding of income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required (pivots, IF statements, etc.).
- In progress CPA preferred.
- Oracle or SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members preferred.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines preferred.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects preferred.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively tailor communication to varying levels within the organization preferred.
- Self-motivated and energetic preferred.
- Travel requirements: Up to 5%
- We are seeking candidates in the United States who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or who will be fully vaccinated by the time they begin the position.