Why would I want this job?
The main responsibility of this role is to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Staff Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Staff Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with a team of accountants. Staff Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
What would I be doing?
- Prepare various monthly financial statements
- Review, analyze and reconcile general ledger account balances monthly
- Develop in-depth knowledge of various complex business processes and understand their impact on various transactional systems and related accounting.
- Where automation is lacking, ensure manual processes with proper controls and documentation exist to support accounting
- Prepare and/or review journal entries to support accurate and timely accounting month-end close.
- This includes reviewing transactional sources and verification of system interfaces where applicable to ensure data integrity
- Ad hoc analysis for executive management
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results`
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Prepare financial statements
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Perform special duties as requested by management
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 1-3 years working in the Accounting field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially excel)
- Strong understanding of the relationship between income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Strong result orientation, pro-activity, self-motivated and ownership
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Commitment to continuous self, team, and process improvement
- Experience with tight deadlines and managing workload with quick turnaround time