Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will serve an integral role in the monthly close process, performing journal entries and completing reconciliations and analyses as part of the North America Finance Shared Services group. The Staff Accountant will work closely with other finance team members and North America legal entities to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the companies’ books and records.
What would I be doing?
- Prepare and analyze various account reconciliations and resolve related issues and reconcile items timely
- Prepare journal entries, reports, and analyses related to the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing tasks
- Provide support during the interim and annual external audit
- Perform a search for prepaid expenses
- Maintain fixed asset registers and generate related reporting
- Provide depreciation forecast information to the Financial Planning team upon request
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly support as needed related to the capital acquisition process
- Maintain shared services performance levels
- Prepare intercompany balance confirmations report quarterly
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual government reports
- Assist in the sales tax system update and address inquiries based on customer deduction reports
- Participate in financial SAP system user acceptance tests for upgrades and enhancements, as needed
- Assist in ad-hoc projects (e.g. to streamline, automate and simplify various G/L activities)
- Provide general assistance in other day-to-day responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Finance processes
What would make me qualified?
- Detail oriented, thorough
- Able to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Good organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Growth potential
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
Education And/Or Experience Required
- BS/BA degree with a major in Accounting
- 0 to 4 years of accounting experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Work toward or currently has CPA certification