Why would I want this job?
The Staff Accountant will be a member of the Corporate Accounting team and will be responsible for a wide range of finance activities including month-end close, reconciliations, and reporting. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of the Corporate Accounting. This position will be 100% remote so candidates can be located anywhere in the US if they can support EST working hours.
What would I be doing?
• Actively participate in the month end close process, by assisting the team in recording journal entries related to intercompany transactions and T&E accruals as well as assisting in booking journal entries for other Finance teams.
• Assist in the reconciliation of certain balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation and investigate and resolve reconciling items timely.
• Assist with monthly variance analysis and follow-up.
• Assist with special projects involving ad hoc reporting and financial analysis.
• Assist with administration of the Firm’s escheatment process.
• Assist with various information requests from management.
• Assist in responding to requests during interim and year-end external audit.
What would make me qualified?
• Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Proven Excel experience.
• Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience desired.
• Proven ability to multi-task, particularly during the month end close process.
• Proven ability to work under specific time deadlines.
• Capacity to work with cross-functional peers.
• A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity, and a drive for continuous improvement.