Why would I want this job?
This role will be a key member of our growing Accounting Team. You will be responsible for helping ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the Company’s financial records for management, tax, and audit purposes.
This role reports to Associate Director, Accounting
What would I be doing?
- Full responsibility for preparation of general ledger entries, reconciliations, and variance analyses for month-end closing.
- Assist in preparation and consolidation of quarterly financial packages to parent company
- Help implement best practice accounting procedures
- Design and provide detailed analyses with ability to concisely explain relevant information
- Document, maintain, and support proper internal control over financial reporting and disclosure for internal/external auditors
- Collaborating with Financial Planning & Analysis/Accounts Payable and other functions to drive optimal business performance
- Continuously monitor, document and communicate the development of new accounting standards, interpretations, and emerging guidance to the finance organization, including current and future impact on the company
- Research into technical accounting as needed
- Perform other duties or special projects as required
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or parts passed preferred
Public accounting experience not required, but a plus (especially with Big4 or large national/regional CPA firm)
- Working knowledge of GAAP. IFRS and/or JSOX knowledge a plus
- Strong financial background including experience in interrogating numbers and probing for clarity
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Experience in Fixed Asset/Right of Use/Revenue Accounting a plus
- Previous experience of multinational operations and inherently tight reporting deadlines would be beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Dynamics/MS365 is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated and great attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight timelines and complex/constantly changing environment
- Resourceful and innovative in problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to develop consensus within a multinational organization
*Requires up to 5% domestic and international travel
Location: Mercer County, NJ / Hybrid in office 2 days