Why would I want this job?
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Staff Accountant to join its team. This individual will play a primary role in all aspects of the monthly and quarterly close activities and will be involved in preparation of journal entries, A/P review, account reconciliation, along with ad-hoc reporting requests and special projects.
What would I be doing?
- As a member of the corporate accounting department, the Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Maintain domestic and foreign intercompany accounts including invoicing, confirmation of balances and correspondence with divisional counterparts
- Record monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Participate in the financial close process including the preparation of P&L, Cash Flow Statements, detailed analytics and account roll forwards
- Prepare various ad hoc reports, investigate balances, research accounting treatment
- Review of accounts payable transactions
- Participate in SOX 404 Testing and Reporting
- Assist in compliance with Internal/External Audits
What would make me qualified?
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 1-2 years accounting experience in either public or private
- Ledger experience (SAP a plus)
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages (Advanced Excel Skills required)
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects and manage their time efficiently
- Must be able to work well in group environment, be committed to meeting strict deadlines, and willing to work long hours as needed
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills , excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups across a large organization
- Looking for a quick learning Team player that is highly motivated and energetic
Location: New York / Hybrid in office 3 days a week