Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Staff Accountant’s general responsibility is to assist in the monthly/quarterly close process, account analysis, preparation and review of the financial package and related reports, and other ad-hoc reporting requirements.
What would I be doing?
- Prepare journal entries ensuring that all entries are accurate, documented and approved.
- Analyze monthly account balances; prepare reconciliations of balance sheet and P&L accounts, ensure transactions have been properly classified.
- Ensure completeness of monthly closing documentation, e.g., journal entries are documented and approved, supporting schedules are accurate and have been reviewed, all reporting requirements completed.
- Assist Senior Accountant (to be identified) and Manager of Accounting in processing accounting transactions, as necessary.
- Assist in preparation of audit requirements.
- Monitor and analyze monthly account balances; prepares analyses and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts; reviews P&L accounts to ensure transactions have been properly classified
- Assist with preparation of the balance sheet and income statement fluxes on a monthly basis
- Assist with preparing supporting documentation for internal controls
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong advance knowledge in Excel and general computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Strong work ethics and independence required
- Experience in public accounting firm or public company accounting department preferred
- Experience in Netsuite preferred