Why would I want this job?
The Staff Accountant, North America Accounting role will be responsible for account analysis and reconciliations by working cross functionally across departments and international regions. The Staff Accountant will assist in ad hoc requests and projects along with balance sheet account reconciliation, intercompany balancing, and month end functions. This resource requires a combination of accounting experience, analytical business experience, strategic approach, and time management skills.
What would I be doing?
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes and support external audits by completing assigned analysis and functions, as assigned by department management
- Complete monthly responsibilities includes all assigned account analysis and reconciliations as well as crafting and maintaining documentation of key accounting procedures and controls for all areas of responsibility
- Preparation of cross functional balance sheet reconciliations including but not limited to Accounts Payable and General Accounting accounts
- Assisting with reconciliation and analysis of intercompany merchandise and non-merchandise accounts
- Documenting account reconciliation procedures and controls
- Preparation of a consolidated intercompany reconciliation
- Partnering with local finance teams abroad to ensure reconciling items are corrected and up to date
- Collaborating closely with the local finance teams abroad to ensure close deadlines are met and intercompany accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Participate in the execution of the company’s business process improvement efforts, specifically collaborating with finance and accounting groups to meet objectives. From a project perspective, develop and maintain global process and control documentation to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness throughout the Finance organization
- Assist management with special assignments, as requested
What would make me qualified?
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 2-4 years of job-related experience.
- Advanced Excel including VLOOKUP, SUM/IF, Pivot Tables etc.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule during monthly and year-end closing, priority projects and special assignments
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience in JD Edwards E1 and Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of ACL, Business Objects, Alteryx, Tableau or other data analytics tools