Why would I want this job?
The Staff Accountant, Global Leases & Fixed Assets will support the roles responsible for the complete and accurate accounting for all leases globally, the accounting for property, plant and equipment, capitalized costs, project tracking and ad hoc analysis. This position supports Company’s annual financial statement audit and internal audit requirements. The Staff Accountant will ensure that the Company’s accounting policies are accurately and consistently applied, and are in accordance with Accounting standards. Additional responsibilities include participating in departmental and company-wide projects and initiatives. The individual will establish partnerships with finance partners around the globe to ensure information is properly identified and assessed for accounting impacts.
What would I be doing?
- Support efficient and effective financial close processes in assigned areas through performance of journal entries, account reconciliations, and analysis of financial results, working with North America business units as necessary including the following:
- Support the day to day lease and fixed assets accounting process.
- Partner with Lease Administration, Legal and International Finance to obtain all lease information timely to record accounting impacts.
- Process Capital Expense Requests (CER) throughout the month as needed and perform monthly CAPEX Reporting Actuals (CRA) Reconciliation.
- Monitor and assess treatment of intangible assets, such as Cloud Computing, to ensure compliance with IAS38 policy.
- Perform account reconciliations, analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Ensure internal controls are implemented and operating effectively in accordance with the Company’s internal and external controls framework.
- Drive continuous improvement of efficiency and effectiveness by identifying, developing and implementing enhancements to processes and systems improvement opportunities, solutions, monitoring accounting procedures and proposing automation opportunities.
- Assist management with special assignments, as requested, including research and analysis related to leases and fixed assets.
- Support internal and external audit requests and inquiries by coordinating the completion and/or review of assigned audit support and identifying regulatory and operational changes to accounting policies and procedures.
- Please note that there will be flexibility required (additional hours) during monthly and year-end closings.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of meaningful work experience
- Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and should have strong PC skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work flexible hours during monthly and year-end closings, as well as for special assignments when requested
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of IFRS 16 and IAS 16 Accounting
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Hyperion financial systems
- Knowledge of Business Objects